Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IIS Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sF|Shmaff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sF|Shmaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IIS Question
    Posted: 23 August 2004 at 7:36pm

I want to ask a user for particular credentials to gain access to my website (I'm using IIS only).  Currently I allow those with proper credentials to get access; however, based on who they are, I want to send them to a different page.

EG:

www.websitename.com is entered by the user;

User is prompted for usrename and password;

Based on input (EG: username = abc) simple redirect www.websitename.com/abc

How can I access the username and/or password entered by the user in the Windows pop-up?

Mart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 3:51am

You don't say whether you are using ASP or ASP.NET, in ASP.NET to get the username you  just go:

Dim strUsername As String = User.Identity.Name

I'm not certain how you do it in ASP. You cannot get the password though.

neotrix View Drop Down
Mod Builder Group
Mod Builder Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neotrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 3:52am

if you are asking a script

<%

if Request("username")="abc" AND Request("password")="password" then

Response.Redirect("/abc/")

%>

you can keep on repeating this.. but seriously, i really dont get what you were asking

Mart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 4:15am
He's talking about windows authentication in ASP
scottage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 3:43pm

What about this? I'd use a session variable to know when a user is logged in or not, if they're logged in just redirect to request("script_name") & "/" & session("username") ... I'd guess that /username is a virtual directory otherwise you'll need a file (script) name too i.e. Response.ReDirect Request("Script_Name") & "/" & Session("username") & "/default.html". If you're using Integrated Security i.e. Windows Authentication then you can get the NT Account name from Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_USER") (or similar - sometimes you get ("LOGON_USER") or ("AUTH_USER"), put this in your Session variable and off you go!

Scott Rickman
http://www.realwebdevelopers.com

michael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 7:57pm

Why so complicated?
<%
Dim usr as string
usr = Request.ServerVariables("Logon_User")

If Not usr=Nothing THEN
Reponse.Redirect("/" & usr)
ELSE
Response.Redirect("accessdenied.html")
END IF
%>

Post Reply Post Reply