Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with WSIWYG editor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bogazicili View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bogazicili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with WSIWYG editor
    Posted: 09 September 2004 at 6:13am
Hi when the page with the editor has been loaded an error occurs at the bottom left of the page :

Line 3 :
Char 1 :
Error : Syntax Error
Code : 0

And the buttons "bold "italic" vice versa cannot be used (means after I click nothing happens). And also none of the text can be selected in the page..

What can be the problem?

WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2004 at 7:35am
Looks like for some reason the external javascript file for the page is failing to load or a problem with the file.

This can be coursed by a corrupted file or even problems with the translation in the language files as some when translatting you need to be careful that some characters may course javascript not to run or course an error.
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2004 at 7:38am
Also try using the Mozilla Firefox browser, not only is it a faster better browser than IE it also has an excellent javascript console tool that can give a more accurate error message as to what is the coursing the javascript to fail to load correctly:-

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
theSCIENTIST View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theSCIENTIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 3:58pm

I also have this problem, but I rooted out the corrupted or wrong path to the the JS file, it's all down to foreign chars, I'm working on a Portuguese project and we use alot of (אבגדחטיךץפתש) so the WYSIWYG editor wont work, showing errors similar to Bogazicili which I have checked also uses a foreign language with auckward chars.

Borg any chance to provide support for foreign ponctuated chars on WYSIWYG, or, is this a limitation of the JS engine?

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply