Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Connetcing to database

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pieterv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pieterv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Connetcing to database
    Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:51am

I'm having trouble to integrate Site News into my website. I cannot connect to my database as I would like. I'm using a virtual path to my database. (d:\www\websitename\database\news.mdb). WebWizNews uses a connection with server.MapPath, but i'm not familiar with that. Can anyone tell me how I can connect to my database using a virtual path.

-----------------------------------

'Create database connection

'Create a connection odject
Set adoCon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

'------------- If you are having problems with the script then try using a diffrent driver or DSN by editing the lines below --------------

'Database connection info and driver
strCon = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("news.mdb")

'Database driver info for Brinkster
'strCon = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/USERNAME/db/news.mdb") 'This one is for Brinkster users place your Brinster username where you see USERNAME

'Alternative drivers faster than the basic one above
'strCon = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51; Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("news.mdb") 'This one is if you convert the database to Access 97
'strCon = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("news.mdb")  'This one is for Access 2000/2002

'If you wish to use DSN then comment out the driver above and uncomment the line below (DSN is slower than the above drivers)
'strCon = "DSN = DSN_NAME" 'Place the DSN where you see DSN_NAME

---------------------------

Or can anyone tell me how I use Server.Mappath to connect to my database who is outside my webroot. (The webserver uses a database folder and a www folder)

thanks a lot.....

dj air View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj air Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2004 at 10:01am
change the red section above for this

'Database connection info and driver
strCon = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=
d:\www\websitename\database\news.mdb"

that should fix your problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply