Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Converting to MS SQL problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ukakht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukakht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Converting to MS SQL problem
    Posted: 10 December 2004 at 3:54am
The database is on a remote server.  It's owned by both the remote user and dbo
ukakht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukakht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 3:01am
How can I set those permissions ?
michael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 4:39pm

Are you sure your server is configured right? Meaning a username that has permissions etc? When I try to register on your forum I get

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'

The cursor does not include the table being modified or the table is not updatable through the cursor.

/forum2/register.asp, line 969

Is your SQL Server a linked server and ist the db possibly owned by a remote user and not dbo?
ukakht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukakht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 3:27pm

I'v moved all the data via enterprise, ! things working fine,

But it says There are no Forums to display Cry,

It's not showing all the data in the forum , but in the database all the data is there!  it just doesn't display all the data,

PLEASE Please Please Please Please,.....................

I need help... where are the guys who have converted their forum successfully Cry some one help me,

BTW: My forum is having 25,000 rows

Please !

WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 7:56am
Evryone seems to do it in different ways, so just do a search about this and read through some of the returned posts about how others ahve done this.
ukakht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukakht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 6:49am
borg, I will really appreciate if you point me to the topic where there is the exact solution and a working solution,

Waiting
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 5:00am
The MS SQL server version uses stotred procedures that need to be created on the MS SQL Server.

You maybe better downloading the MS SQL Server version, using the serup file to create the database and stored procedures, then importing the data into the database.

Do a search of the forum as quite a number of people have posted on how they moved across to MS SQL Server.
ukakht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukakht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 3:21am

CryHello ,

I've just imported all the data of the wwForum.mdb file via the SQL Enterprise manager  and its imported successfully to the MS SQL database,

I am using a shared database from another SQL server,
I've entered the database details in this form:

strSQLServerName = "64.64.65.69.69"
strSQLDBUserName = "blahblahusername"
strSQLDBPassword = "blahpassword"
strSQLDBName = "blahdatabase"

But when I access the forum it giving error of:
Could_not_find_stored_procedure_

Please Please help me in this, and give me tips on what to do CryCryCry I want to move my forum to MSSQL as soon as, Confused Because my forum became popular and server crashed 4 times, and server admin is saying that move to MS SQL

HELP!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply