Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Integrating WebWiz forum...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
deltrotter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Integrating WebWiz forum...
    Posted: 16 December 2004 at 5:24pm
with a site which has a membership system in place.

Hi

Has anyone installed webwiz forums into a site in which you already have a large membership / login system.

I'd love to use webwiz on my site, but am not sure how to integrate it. I have an SQL table with username and password in already, and when a user logins to the existing site they have sessions written for a number of things (eg. username).

Obviously I haven't given much info here, but I was wondering if anyone could offer any initial advice.

All help gratefully received.

Cheers

Del
dj air View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj air Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 6:04pm
you need to cross match your existing user system to the forum. you could add a user_code field in the existing one where the user codes match there accounts are the same one.

so when the session is set to say you are logged in, set a cookie with the User_code value, also do the same on the forum side setting the session veriable.

you will also have to update te user_codes on login to the forum (securtiy feature).

there are a few other pages like forgotten password, if the admin changes his/users username etc... take a look at my application download zip for wwf.

that lists all the files that will need ot be updated if you use the user_code system.
deltrotter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2004 at 3:19am
Thanks dj air

It also looks like I might be able to use your system as an intermediary. It'll take a few more changes on my site though.

I'll probably be in touch!

Cheers

Del
 Post Reply Post Reply