FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Active Topics not showing (again)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Active Topics not showing (again)
    Posted: 04 January 2005 at 5:53am
I've started working on a new system for version 8 that changes the way dates etc. are stored in cookies and used in pages like the active topics page, so hopefully it will eleminate the CDate error on all servers.
kbannon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 5:31am
Sorted using that mod - thanks boRg.
Very strange how it decided to suddenly not work as there were no code/database or web server modifications at the time.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 4:50am
kbannon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 4:38am
Had a look at the database - the active topics procedure looks OK. Im stumped!
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[wwfSpActiveTopics]
(
@AuthorID int,
@GroupID int,
@GroupPerm int,
@dblActiveFrom datetime
)
 AS
SELECT tblForum.Forum_name, tblForum.Password, tblForum.Forum_code, tblTopic.*
FROM tblCategory, tblForum, tblTopic
WHERE ((tblCategory.Cat_ID = tblForum.Cat_ID AND tblForum.Forum_ID = tblTopic.Forum_ID) AND (tblTopic.Last_entry_date > GetDate() - @dblActiveFrom))
AND (tblForum.[Read] <= @GroupPerm OR (tblTopic.Forum_ID IN (
 SELECT tblPermissions.Forum_ID
 FROM tblPermissions
 WHERE tblPermissions.Author_ID = @AuthorID OR tblPermissions.Group_ID = @GroupID AND tblPermissions.[Read]=1))
 )
ORDER BY tblCategory.Cat_order ASC, tblForum.Forum_Order ASC, tblTopic.Last_entry_date DESC;
kbannon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2005 at 3:59pm
changed it back to 1033 and still no joy.
Also when I try running it from the backup asp files on my pc (via http://localhost) which gets the threads etc. from a MS SQL database, the same problem exists indicating a database problem (possibly with the active topics stored procedure).
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2005 at 5:46am
One solution is on the active topics page at the top of the file is to change the LCID back to that of the server.

I have to do the same thing on this site to get the active topics to run.
kbannon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2005 at 4:40pm
in the last 24 hours my sites active topics page is not loading if anything less than 'yesterday' is chosen (co-incidentally new years day!).
I know about setting the LCID which on mine is set to 2057 (UK) as the servers default is 1033 (USA). However, it has been running fine for several months now and just went belly up yesterday sometime.
Any ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply